Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Patience & Temptation

*Sigh*

Okay, so I'm really excited about being a mom and being pregnant and all that stuff, but I am really really getting impatient. There are several reasons for my impatience though. First is just sheer curiosity: what will she look like, what will be her temperament, what will her personality be like, and other things like that. Another reason that I find myself growing impatient is just because of this diet that I am following. Now don't get me wrong, for the most part it's fairly easy to follow. It's less about what I can/can't have and more about the amounts that I can/can't have. So mostly it's not a big deal, plus I'm pregnant and down 7 pounds (who's ever heard of such a thing!) so trust me I'm not complaining. But sometimes my emotions kick in and I just get extremely upset about little things, like yesterday I was in the middle of the grocery store and I was really upset (to the point of crying) that I can't have apple juice. So, it's not the cake and brownies that I miss, it's apple juice, orange juice and more than anything...Welch's Grape Juice!!! More than all of my sugar-filled desires I want a healthy and happy (and less than 16 pound) baby, so I will continue to fight off all these temptations. For the next 10.5 weeks (give or take) but let there be no doubt after she's born I want apple, orange and grape juice for a week!!! The things we do for love!!!

1 comment:

RACHEL said...

oh the joys of pregnancy!! with landen i always craved apple pie especially from applebees!! okay sorry for all the talk about apples. hang in there not that much longer to go, of course this coming from a person who never makes it to the ninth month...sorry about that. you are doing great just be glad for this last little bit of time of it just being two of you. life as you know it is about to change. don't get me wrong it is definitely for the better, but it will not be just the two of you again for a long time.