So I'm 30 weeks, woohoo!!! Today I had a doctor's visit and I must say I'm very happy with everything. I'm down a total of 5 pounds now, blood pressure was 149/91 when they checked it using their electronic machine but only 130/75 when they checked it manually. Of course the manual method is far more accurate so that is the number that they used which is much more normal that the first number. My sugar levels are excellent as well and both myself and the doctor have concluded that when I don't cheat and eat what I shouldn't then my numbers are fine! So since everything has been going so well lately, I asked him if he still predicted that he would be inducing me really early. He said that all the factors that would give him cause for concern and lead him to induce (large baby, excessive weight gain, high blood pressure, high sugar levels) seem to be under control (whew) so as of right now he predicts that I will probably definitely go full term (which is 37 weeks). He did say though that if after that, say 39 weeks, he checks my cervix and it seems ready then he would go ahead and induce me at that point because he wouldn't want to risk my blood pressure increasing. Needless to say, I can definitely live with that!
I also had a friend tell me something that I kinda found a little gross so I asked him about that. She told me that during labor, you're pushing so hard that you can poop, so not to eat anything prior to labor that would cause me to have loose stools (gross I know, but I was curious), so I preceded to tell the doctor this and ask if it was true. He then explained the physics of it to me and well now it makes perfect sense. He told me to imagine 3 tubes that are side by side with no give whatsoever. Then imagine that a abnormally large object is squeezing through one of those tubes. Then he asked me what I thought would happen to anything that was inside those other 2 tubes. Honestly, I found it extremely humorous at that point. B says that if that happens he's leaving the room. I laugh even harder when I picture his face. It's classic!
So yeah, now that I've stopped laughing, I'll end this post by saying that I had a great Dr. appointment today! And you'll get to have more of these updates because now I'll be going to the Dr. every week with NSTs (non-stress tests) starting every week after 32 weeks. I'm looking forward to it but for now I have to get back to packing...ttyl.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment