Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Slightly Overdue

Okay, so I know this post is just slightly overdue, but I'm safely in North Carolina now (and have been since Saturday). This was actually my first time flying here on a direct flight and I must say I really liked it. The entire flight was only 1 hour 40 minutes gate-to-gate. So when my mom and sister came to pick me up we went to Chick-fil-a for lunch (one of many places on my list of places to eat while I'm here). Then instead of driving straight home we went to visit my grandma who lives about an hour from us. We stayed at her house for a while before leaving to head home. When we arrived I was greeted by my nieces (my nephew and brother were gone) needless to say they were extremely happy to see me, and I them. So we just spent the rest of the night relaxing and preparing for church on Sunday. It was really good to see a lot of the people that I've know since I joined the church almost 15 years ago. It's good to be home, my only complaint is the heat. I thought I'd beat the system by coming home in June but nope that didn't happen. I don't think it would be so bad if it hadn't been so unseasonably cool in Michigan which has left me completely unprepared for 90+ degree weather.

Other than that, I really miss B! We still talk and text each other all the time so at least we have that but it sucks to not be able to see him everyday or kiss him goodbye when he leaves for work, but at least it's only temporary. On a positive note we have our new apartment and will move in on July 19th. We had almost given up hope that we would get the one that we wanted but fortunately for us one became available. So whereas I'm really excited that we'll be moving and I can get Y's room ready, I'm not excited about the whole packing and cleaning process that comes with moving.

Well my laptop battery is dying and I really actually need to go and get some stuff done, so I'll talk to you all later!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brandon should have been FLDS so that he wouldn't get so depressed whenever you're gone. :)

Glad to hear that you're having a good time in NC. Say hi to your family and keep having fun! :)

Anonymous said...

Have a great time with your family. I'm sure there are many people who are happy to see you!!!
Take care!

Unknown said...

Hope you're having a great visit and vacation in NC. Send some of that warm weather our way!! We're having a thunderstorm at the moment. I love the clothes you picked up for the baby. Exciting times ahead for you and Brandon. Steven and Byron are out playing pool (with Jess and her best friend, Fatima). They'll be watching the first game of the NBA Finals tonight. Go Celtics!!
Love,
Aunt Janice
XOX