Wednesday, January 26, 2011

An Awesome Visit!

Yesterday I had my second visit with my OBGYN and I left that doctor's office feeling better than I've ever left it!  If there is any such thing as a perfect visit, this would have been it!  Oddly, I wasn't nervous or anxious at all before my appointment and boy did it show when they took my blood pressure, 119/79!!!  He also thought that my blood sugar levels looked great, with the exception of some which were taken after dinner, but overall he was extremely happy with what he was seeing.  Our little one had a strong heartbeat and Dr. L. didn't even have to search for it.  He placed the monitor on my lower abdomen and BAM there was the heartbeat!

He was so impressed by my blood sugar levels and blood pressure that he said he doesn't need to see me for another 4 weeks.  I know this is typical for most pregnant women at this stage of pregnancy but you have to remember, I was diagnosed a gestational diabetic and chronic hypertensive with Y by the time I was 12 weeks.  At which time I began having 2 week visits and my weekly visits began at 30 weeks.  So it's a big deal to me to hear that I am good for another 4 weeks. 

Obviously we'll take it one visit at a time but for now I feel like I'm floating on a cloud!  Now if only all the visits could be just like this one!

Photobucket

1 comment:

David and Jana said...

Yay!! I'm so happy for you! I tried to space out my visits as much as possible, too. sometimes I just had to reschedule and couldn't make it in for a few more weeks!