But the time finally arrived and when they took my blood pressure initially it was 147/100. Fortunately she gave me some time to relax and calm myself down and then she took it again, this time it was much better, 121/80 which is much more normal. We then went on to have an ultrasound and so my due date is officially August 9th and according to the doctor everything looks great.
As far as I go, he gave me some news that I was partially excited about. I don't have to suffer through all the tests to diagnose me as a Gestational Diabetic. We agreed to just have him treat me as if I am a diabetic, partly because he believes I'm pre-diabetic. So yeah, I'm only partially excited about not needing all those tests. I could tell it was really a decision that he really struggled with because he really isn't sure what I should be "labeled" as. I'm not yet diabetic but at the same time he would rather err on the side of caution. My next appointment is Jan. 25th, I'll be 12 weeks.
He also asked about my desire to have a VBAC or C-Section, even before I was able to ask him the same question. We had a fairly candid conversation about it and I honestly left with more to consider than when I sent in. I asked his opinion on the statistics concerning induction and C-Sections and he explained to me that those stats really didn't apply in my case because I did actually labor. Apparently those stats are in relation to women who are induced but never actually go into active labor and then end up having a C-Section. He explained that my issue was more that I was in labor but likely because of a "narrow pelvis" I was unable to deliver an almost 9lb. baby. So now I have started doing more research on this whole narrow pelvis concept and from what I've found so far, most women don't really buy that. Now I have only just started researching it so I won't claim to have read all that is out there on the subject but so far what I have read the recommendation is to go through labor without an epidural in order to allow more movement and the opportunity to try several birthing positions. I'm not sure how I feel about the all natural labor, one thing I've always known is that I want the drugs! So I guess if that truly is the case then I'll have to do some real soul searching in order to figure out which is more important to me.
On a different note I think that Y is more aware of the baby now that she was able to actually see it on the screen. Now whenever we look at the ultrasound pictures she says, "baby in Mommy's belly."
No comments:
Post a Comment