On Tuesday I went in with the idea that I would have him strip my membranes (helps assist in the loss of the mucus plug and for some people induces labor). I asked his opinion about it and he told me that generally it only helps if the individual is at least 4cm dilated, so we agreed that we'd check me and if I was at a 4 then we'd give it a shot. Well I was only at 3cm, not effaced at all, and Baby Q was still riding high - needless to say we didn't do any membrane stripping.
On Friday, I was attached to the fetal monitor for around an hour and fifteen minutes, for the first 30-45 minutes of which she didn't move at all. He was then called away to run over to the hospital for a delivery and the moment he left I started to feel a contraction. Well I guess that's all she needed to wake up and get moving because after that she was all over the place! As for the contraction, on one hand I was happy because I knew that something was getting started and on the other hand I was bummed that it was only one contraction. I began to feel a bit better about it when later that night I discovered that I was beginning to lose my mucus plug - without having membranes stripped!
I had a few more contractions that night and have had a few in the days since, I've also continued to slowly lose bits and pieces of my plug - it's all progress so I try not to complain. I've started saying a "special" prayer and requesting that since Heavenly Father is all-knowing that if it be His will and I could have a successful VBAC then to help labor get started before Friday afternoon at 4pm. And if the case would be that labor would not end in a VBAC then to just hold off on everything until Friday at 4pm. I'm not sure if it'll work but I'm sure the prayer is being heard!
No comments:
Post a Comment