Friday, July 15, 2011

The Plan

After our ultrasound on Wednesday I wrote a quick post to update you on the latest news regarding the pregnancy in general and Baby Q's size. In the same post I informed you that I had made a decision but wanted to discuss it with my doctor before announcing it to the world. Now that we've discussed it with him we'll let everyone else in on the plan.

My original plan was to set a C-section date of August 8, a day before my due date. However, if I were to go into labor prior to that then we would attempt a VBAC. There was a scheduling conflict with August 8th so we have instead decided on Friday, August 5th in the early-mid evening.

Dr. L had no issues at all with this plan of action but he did make it clear that should we attempt a VBAC and something starts to go wrong or if I have a period of several hours with no progression then he'd call for a C-Section before it would reach the point of needing an emergency C-Section because that would be the worst possible scenario for someone in my position. I had no issues at all agreeing to that because in the end I want the healthiest possible delivery for myself and for Q.

So there you have it, 3 weeks from today one way or another Q will be here with us! I'm both nervous and excited by this!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Sarah said...

That will go by fast! So exciting!!!