As of now Y sleeps in the crib which has been converted to a toddler bed. However, with the arrival of a little one this summer the need arose to buy her a new bed because her current bed will revert to being a crib again. Fortunately, B and myself both agree that buying a separate toddler bed is a complete waste of money especially since you know they will eventually outgrow it. So we knew we were in the market for a twin sized bed but wanted to find one we liked at a price we loved! The idea was presented to us that we could just buy a mattress for her and place it on the floor but that idea didn't sit well with me. I don't imagine Y being very excited when she's told that she gets a new BIG girl bed and then being directed to a mattress on the floor while there's new baby who gets what used to be her nice comfy crib/bed. That's just how I imagine it but I could be totally wrong, maybe she would absolutely love sleeping on a mattress on the floor seeing as she did that for several weeks (sans mattress) after our return from being away at Christmas. But whatever the case may end up being, a mattress on the floor was not the least bit appealing to me aesthetically.
So even though we are months away from actually even setting up the bed (I'm thinking June) we couldn't pass up the deal. Now I can't wait to go pick out a cute comforter and sheet sets for it. The one in the picture is not cute at all, maybe because it screams BOY. Right now I am debating whether I should stick with the polka dot theme or just head in another direction. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what's out there. Hopefully by June Y will be more interested in helping me pick out her new comforter and sheets, but somehow, I'm still not banking on that!
 |
Contrary to the appearance in the picture has a cherry finish which is "darker" than the typicaly cherry finish so it should blend with the current furniture quite nicely!
|
2 comments:
Very cute Umeka! Where did you get your good deal?
Oh yeah, I guess I left that part out, huh?!? We actually ordered it from JCPenney Furniture, we also ordered our new living room furniture from them this past summer. We've been super satisfied thus far!
Post a Comment