Friday, June 13, 2008
My Catch 22
I love my husband more than anything. I also love my family very much. My husband is in Michigan, my family in North Carolina, my heart is in both places. As I prepare to leave North Carolina to return to Michigan tomorrow I find myself extremely sad and also very happy, but then again I have the same dilemma when I leave Michigan for North Carolina. On one hand, tomorrow I will be leaving my family yet again for several months, which naturally makes me sad. On the other hand, tomorrow I will be reunited with the love of my life, and that makes me happy. I always manage to adjust after a few days but the initial goodbyes really really suck!!! I remember when I first got married I thought it would get easier each time, at least that's what everyone told me. Well I lied to myself and everyone who said that lied to me, it doesn't ever get easier, we just grow to realize that it sucks and try to move on from there. Anyway, enough babbling from me, I'll post some pictures sometimes next week...I think.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Welcome home! We missed you Umeka! We were in Michigan visiting and got to play with Brandon at the Christensen's house. We wish you were there!
Being separated never gets easier. I think it gets worse. My family is in AZ and I miss them a lot, but David always wins. He is my one true love.
I'm so happy that you got so many gifts from your baby showers! That's a great start.
I love to read your blog and keep up with your news.
Post a Comment