My Blog List

Blog Archive

Monday, May 5, 2008

Yay for Baby Showers!!!!

So on Saturday I was given my first baby shower which was hosted by my mother-in-law and my sister-in-law (Q & C respectively). It was a lot of fun and Iyhyanna received lots of presents, it was awesome. We actually got so much that I was worried about how much to declare when we crossed the border and the Customs Agent asked, but actually we got lucky and even though Brandon told her that we had been given a baby shower she never asked what we had received or how much it was all worth. So in the end we didn't have to pay taxes on any of the stuff, which is always great!!!


Above is a picture of some of the stuff we received. There's actually so much of it that in order to fit it all in the picture we had to start piling stuff on top of other stuff, so I'll try to go through and list some of the stuff that we received. Under everything (helps prop everything else up) there's a bathtub, we also received several sleepers, blankets, onesies, a couple of dresses for church, baby booties, outfits, books, picture frames, a doll, an adorable stuffed giraffe, spoons, rattles, teethers, a car seat cozy, a bathrobe with matching slippers, and a beautiful statue (it actually matches a statue that we were given for a wedding present which shows a couple dancing) of a mom and dad hugging while holding their newborn baby, and a bunch of burp clothes and bibs. And yes someone did give us a bib of the Canadian Flag, we'll see how often B lets her wear that one, ha ha. And finally we received 2 very generous gift cards to Babies R Us as well as a gift of cash that allows us to spend some money on Grandpa P's credit card (BIG smile), which will definitely help out tons! So all in all we had a very exciting day and I'm sure Y can't wait to get here and see how much everyone already loves her! Well that's enough blabbering so I'll post a couple pictures below from the shower. Just want to say thanks again to everyone that attended the shower or was unable to attend but sent a gift anyway, we really appreciated everything that everyone has done. Enjoy!









1 comment:

Unknown said...

What BEAUTIFUL gifts Ihyhanna received!! I really enjoyed looking at them all (in the photos). We all can't wait to meet her and see her wear her beautiful things. You look absolutely fantastic, Umeka!! How I wish I could have been there (but I was in spirit!!).
Love,
Aunt Janice
XOX