My Blog List

Blog Archive

Friday, May 16, 2008

Titles

Okay, so I was updating my "About Me" section on Myspace and I thought I'd start by listed all that I am. I think I'll start this post similarly and maybe share a little of what I realized as I was typing on Myspace, so here goes:

My Titles include, but are not limited to, Wife. Mother-to-be. Daughter. Sister. Aunt. Cousin. Niece. Latter-day Saint. Student. Black. Female. I'm pretty sure the list could go on forever. But as I thought about it the more I realized that all those titles could be summed up into one simple title, one single word. That word is HAPPY. Because every title that I hold makes me happy in some form or fashion. For example, I love B! B makes me happy, knowing that I can spend eternity with him makes me happy. I am B's wife, companion, partner, whatever-you-wanna-call-it. But it makes me happy, he brings a smile to my face every time I look at him, every time I think of him and I am sad when I'm not with him. So being his wife makes me happy. Similarly with Mother-to-be, knowing that I have a beautiful child growing inside me gives me the goosebumps and I truly feel it is an amazing calling and experience. It makes me happy and it makes me even more happy that one day I'll be able to remove the ending and just be "Mother." I could go on and on about every title that I have. As I grow older I gain titles and I lose titles, some titles I can choose to change other titles were given to me with little or no choice in the matter. But in the end, each title at each phase in my life has its purpose and in some way makes me happy. And what's even better about it is that "Happy" is one of those titles that I get to choose and I choose not to change it!

1 comment:

mary_lovett48 said...

Hi Baby:

I very happy, that you are very happy. That’s the one thing of the most important things that a mother wants for her children. You were able to obtain true happiness that some of us will never experience in this life time. I am thankful to Heavenly Father for sending Brandon into your life. This is a happiness that you deserve. Brandon is a very special person and in my opinion you could never have chosen a better person to be sealed to for time and all eternity. His actions from the day I met him has been a comfort in letting me know how very much he loves you. I know Iyhyanna will be very blessed to have you both as her parents. I love you both very much; and knowing you’re happy makes me happy.

Love,
Mary “Momma” Lovett