On Friday I had another doctor appointment. He asked about my weight gain, which has been up 2 lbs, up 1 lb, down 3 lbs, up 1 lb. So I am officially one pound heavier than when I got pregnant and I have absolutely no complaints about that! He looked at my blood glucose levels and he actually said that he was surprised that they are still at the level that they're at (meaning he thought they'd be higher by now) because with gestational diabetes the farther along in the pregnancy you get the more hormones are produced and therefore more of your insulin is blocked. So he's very surprised that the numbers have pretty much remained the same even without medication. He said that probably means I was eating LOTS of carbs before, and he is completely right! I LOVE my carbs!!!! So anyway, I go back again on the 23rd and then probably again a week later because he wants to see me twice before I leave for NC on the 31st. They are also going to schedule my 28 week ultrasound which will fall sometime around June 20th.
In other news...On Thursday I started painting Y's name (and as you'll discover in a minute, I'm nowhere near finished). When I bought the letters they were primed in a white paint and it said for best results to sand a little before painting with acrylic paints. So I sanded and then I started painting on the base coat, which is lavender because I'm not one of those girls that likes pink. I spent upwards of 5 hours painting with just lavender paint. Then I got to draw the polka dots on in pencil which took another 3 hours (because I'm a perfectionist). So on Friday before my appointment I started to paint in the polka dots on the "I." I will just mention that the "I" is the smallest letter with the least number of polka dots and it took me 2 hours just to paint them in. It's a tedious task. So 1 letter down, 7 more to go. With the next kid I'm just gonna keep it simple! If you're wondering when I chose polka dots, it's because it matches the crib bedding that we're going to get.
We spent this past weekend in Canada with the family because it was Mother's Day and because it was C & Å's last weekend before they fly back to Norway. It's always so much fun when we're all together because the stories and the laughs just seem to go on forever.
So that has pretty much been our week! Now I've gotta go and get some cleaning done which I've been putting off because I hate it so much. ttyl. Oh yeah, I guess I was wrong about this being a short post. Ah well!
1 comment:
The polka dots look awesome, Umeka! They actually look so perfect that I would have guessed they were stickers.
Post a Comment