Wednesday, January 11, 2012

What She Wants to Be...at 3!

Today I took the girls out for a walk since we've been having some unseasonably warm weather here in Michigan (reality returns tomorrow).  While we were walking Q feel asleep in the stroller and so I could focus all my attention on Y.  I asked her the famous question, "what do you wanna be when you grow up?"  I anticipated an answer that she would see on one of her favorite cartoons, Caillou.  He always imagines himself as a pilot, police officer, fire fighter, etc.  So I figured with Y only being 3 that it wasn't something she would put much thought into yet and so she'd just go with one from the cartoon.

Well I apparently greatly underestimate the thought processes of my child because what she said completely surprised me.  Her response to my question was, "I want to be a a nurse when I get big so I can take care of babies, I want to be a baby nurse."  After I recovered from my initial surprise I asked her why she wanted to be a baby nurse and she broke out into this long narrative of  me and B being at the hospital and how she came with her Nana B and Grandpa P and seeing Q for the first time and the nurses taking care of Q.  I was truly mesmerized by it all.

I know she's only 3 and by the time she's at an age to choose what she'll be she may likely have changed her mind completely but I have no doubt that despite what she chooses to become, she'll be awesome at it.  And watching her with Q at times I can definitely see her growing up to be a "baby nurse," as long as she sometime between now and then she stops squeezing Q's nose and screaming, "HONK!"

Photobucket

No comments: