Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Girly Stuff

I am not nor have I ever been a girly-girl.  I always hated frills and ruffles and most of all, PINK!  Not hot pink, love that, but that pale pink that people always connect with baby girls.  And for those reasons I always wanted boys first.  But alas, I have two girls and my worst fear is becoming reality...they are turning me into a girly-girl (but I'm still not a fan of pale pink)!

So when I was given a $10 gift card to Plum District (think Groupon but geared towards moms) I had to find something to use it on.  Then lo and behold one day they have a deal to a website called 500babies.  I went and checked it out and at first all I saw were bows and headbands (which I have plenty of) but then I noticed they had baby leg warmers which I've been wanting to make for some time now but hadn't gotten around to it.  Long story short, I bought the deal and then I bought the leg warmers.  I am in love with them, they look absolutely adorable on Q and a couple of them even fit Y!  The best part is that now I can just put Q on a onesie and a pair of leg warmers and she's set.  She loves to grab (and eat) her feet these days but when she's wearing a bulky pair of pants it's pretty impossible for her to do but it's easy with the leg warmers. And did I mention that it makes changing diapers SOOOOO much easier?  So much so that I am now considering making a few pair on my own to add to the 4 I purchased because I think my baby girl needs some argyle in her life!


You know I'm a sucker for polka-dots!

I know what you're thinking...but they're a rose color, not pink! haha ;)  We have also have these in white and hot pink.

If you think you'd want to make some of your own there are tons of tutorials on the internet, you just buy knee socks (target always has cute prints for like $2.50).  But I will admit that I'm clueless as to how they would have made the ruffly ones above.  I've stared at them and tried to figure it out but I'm dumbfounded.

Photobucket

No comments: