Q turned 5 months old on New Year's Day and I had every intention of taking pictures of her that day. But likely because we were out of town and otherwise busy, it completely slipped my mind until Wednesday and even though that's the day I remembered it, it still took me until Friday to take the pictures. Needless to say the past week was a bit of a whirlwind after being out of town for the previous 2 weekends.
At 5 months Q is still an angel of a baby, she rarely cries and we seem to get lots of comments from people who acknowledge just how little she cries. If she's crying it likely means she's sleepy and someone didn't get her down for her nap on time! She's been doing great with her reflux and when she finishes this last bottle of Zantac (in the next week or so) I plan to do an experiment and see how she does without the medication. I am fairly certain that while she still spits up, she will do okay without any medication. And in the event that I'm wrong, I'll just call the doctor and ask for a new prescription!
As for physically, she still loves to spend lots of time on the floor but she's still not completely rolling over yet. She gets close many times but so far, no cigar. She just needs to learn to tuck her arm in and she'd be rolling all over the place in no time. I do find myself hoping that once she figures out how to roll onto her belly that she will simultaneously figure out how to roll herself back onto her back. Because, honestly, it'd drive me nuts having to constantly roll her back over (unless of course I was playing on the floor with her).
She really enjoys watching Y while she plays and she always has a smile waiting whenever B walks into the room. I feel like she's beginning to enter the phase where she wants mommy much of the time. Sometimes I'll come home from the gym and she'll just cry out until I go over and hold her for a bit. She has really caught on quickly to eating solids and this week I'll start to add bananas to her cereal and after that we'll start her on sweet potatoes. I've already made sweet potatoes and carrots which are waiting in the freezer for her to start in the coming weeks.
She's already gaining quite the personality and is becoming a bit of a flirt! She loves to look at herself in the mirror, as did her big sister and most other babies. But whenever someone comments on how beautiful she is, which happens a lot, she gets the biggest grin on her face as if she knows exactly what they're saying and she's in complete agreement. We always received lots of similar comments with Y but I don't remember her receiving the comment with such a huge grin on her face, haha.
P.S. Yes, her eyes are still quite stunning though I'm not sure what color I'd say they are now. Pictures still don't quite to them justice!
No comments:
Post a Comment