On Wednesday, B and I celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary!!! Time sure has flown by and I've enjoyed every second of it. We were fortunate enough to have my mom here visiting us so we were able to leave Y at home with her. Last year Y was about 6 weeks old when we celebrated our anniversary and a friend in our ward offered to watch her while we went to dinner. That was the last time that we had gone to dinner sans Y. She has always been a very good baby and so it was never a big deal taking he rout to dinner with us, she kinda just went with the flow. However, this year when we went out and left her with my mom, I realized how awesome it is for just the 2 of us to go out together every now and again. B was of course concerned about leaving her with my mom, he didn't want her to end up spending the whole night crying. Well, turns out she didn't cry once the entire time we were gone. In fact, I'm not sure she missed us at all! So now we will definitely be going out and having more date nights without Y every couple of months. It was so great to just sit and relax, talk, and reconnect. I love having our wonderful daughter as part of our family, but I also appreciate just being able to spend some one-on-one time with my wonderful husband. He has given me 4 awesome years of marriage and I am truly thankful for the ability to share eternity with him. He reassures me when I need it most, comforts me no matter how small or simple the issue may be and it also helps that he's always willing to help out around the house even after having a long day at work. He makes my life whole and I appreciate everything that he does for our family. 143, BPF!
Each year on our anniversary we take a picture of our family to add to our wedding album. That way as the years go by we'll be able to look back and see how we and our family has changed over the years. As you can imagine, getting a good shot while holding a 13 month old can be more than a little tricky. In all the pictures that I really liked Y was looking away or squirming so I am uploading 2 for your viewing pleasure - one where Y is looking at the camera and another that I think would be perfect had Y been more cooperative (it was her bedtime, so I can't ask for much from her).


No comments:
Post a Comment