As for Y at 13 months, she still has only 4 teeth but I think I can see white pressing against the gums where 2 more might break through at the top soon. She isn't yet walking solo but she loves to take anyone's hands and walk them through the apartment over and over again. People keep telling me that I should appreciate the fact that she's not yet walking because once they start walking they start getting into everything. Well, I have a newsflash...she already gets into everything. She crawls into and under things that I would never have fathomed she could get to let alone fit in or under. She can reach pretty much everything and she has mastered the art of standing on her tippy toes to get to the things she can't reach. She opens cabinents and pulls things out and she even reaches for door handles and can even turn them slightly (thank goodness the locks are out of even her tiptoe reach). She knows how to turn the DVD player on and off as well as making it open and shut. She can quickly grab and open a DVD case or game cases. She loves to open and shut drawers and recently has started opening them and pulling things out of them. She points at pictures with B in them and says Dada but I've yet to see her do this with any of my pictures. She mostly does it while B is at work so I'm thinking that maybe it's because she misses him and since I'm always with her live and in person, maybe that's why she never does it with my pictures. She fully understand "no" and "uh-uh" and sometimes she even listens to me when I say it although she doesn't always stop what she's doing, until she notices me coming towards her. Her favorite word is "uh-oh" though I don't think she fully understands its meaning. Ya see, "uh-oh" implies you did something on accident but I believe she does things just so she can say "uh-oh." Like throwing her toys on the floor in the car while we're driving, or letting her cup fall on the floor during dinner, the list goes on! She still refuses to touch her food and i have tried everything to no avail to get her to touch it but she refuses. We are finally mastering naptime and have managed to get her to consistently take 1-2 hour naps instead of 30-45 minute naps. She loves it when we blow bubbles and her favorite toys just happen to be her books. Her favorite cartoos are Word World and Super Why but she doesn't mind Dragon Tales or Barney. She is still such a happy and enjoyable baby and I love being able to spend all my time with her, we're the luckiest parents in the world!
1 comment:
Isn't it amazing how fast they are?? And all you do is look away for a second?? Yeah, I have a hard time getting things done when they're awake. She sounds like a little whirlwind! :) Live-it up!
Post a Comment