My Blog List

Friday, September 4, 2009

The Whirlwind Year

Precisely one year ago this very minute (check the timestamp) an angel entered the world. She was a giant among babies weighing in at 8lbs 14oz and 22inches long. Now I'm sure that there may have been quite a few angels entering the world at that time, but the angel I'm referring to was an extra special angel. Extra special because she was sent here specifically for us as a gift to love, nurture and cherish each and every day. I'd like to think that we have done just that - love, nurture and cherish her each and every day and I can honestly say, without any hesitation, that my life is so much better with her in it. Y has been such an amazing blessing in our lives and we feel so blessed to have her as part of our family.

We've had an awesome first year! No major illnesses at all, in fact she's only had torticollis, 3 minor colds, a bout of infected eczema, and Roseola so we've definitely been very fortunate where that is concerned. I have worried a lot more than necessary though, but I think that's just what I do - regardless of the situation. I have truly enjoyed becoming a mom and being a mom, much more than I ever thought possible. I sometimes sit and think back to the days when I thought I didn't ever want to have kids and I wonder what I was thinking. Being a mom is not only the greatest calling I'll ever have but it is the greatest gift I'll ever receive. Children are such beautiful gifts and I never really realized how awesome they are until I had my own. I wouldn't change a single thing about this past year, even though I can remember some times that were very trying and frustrating.

But that's enough about me...this post is really about the birthday girl and how awesome she is so I'll talk about her now!! Y is not yet walking but she definitely gets where she needs to go via her hands and knees, she loves to smile, laugh, play in ANY water be it her bathtub or a swimming pool, she loves to jump, bounce, and drops whatever she is doing when she hears music. She loves to admire herself in the mirror, stand at the gate and watch Mommy cook (or whatever else I happen to be doing in the kitchen), loves to eat (especially pizza and this makes her Daddy very happy because that is his favorite food). She hates getting her diaper changed and would much rather crawl around all day wet and stinky. She doesn't care for getting dressed either but I'm pretty sure that's because she'd rather spend that time getting into something. She doesn't like to touch her food, much to my dismay, I cannot get her to feed herself. She will allow me to place a cracker, like a Ritz, in her hand but that's all - she refuses to pick up any food whatsoever! She now has 4 teeth and I'm approximating she is about 21lbs and somewhere close to 30 inches (I'll have the exact numbers when we go to her well baby appointment on the 14th). We plan on celebrating her birthday this entire weekend so be sure to check back later for all the pictures, but for now, take a look back over the past 12 months. It's amazing to see how much and how fast she has grown.

Birth

1 Month

2 Months

3 Months


4 Months

5 Months

6 Months

7 Months

8 Months

9 Months

10 Months

11 Months

People always comment on the number of pictures we have taken of Y, and I freely admit that there have been LOTS. For those of you wondering just how many we have, I'll tell you this: The very first picture we took of Y was picture number 0588 on our camera. When I wrote this post (I wrote it in advance of her birthday) we were on picture number 2314. Now not all of those pictures have not been of Y but the vast majority of them are...so you do the math!

3 comments:

Nana B and Grandpa P said...

Happy Birthday Litle Princess!!
All I can say is that your mommy is right, " you are an angel sent from heaven"
Huggs and kisses
All of our love:
Nana B and Grandpa P

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!
You are wonderful parents!
Iyhana is so lucky! (And adorable)!
Love looking at your blog! Keep posting~

Yayi said...

I did not know that she was 1 already!!! I am so happy that we are getting to know each other better!! you guys are awesome and that cutie of yours is deffinitely WONDERFUL (and GORGEOUS!!!).