Later today, I officially begin swim lessons. I am nervous, scared, apprehensive, and pretty much any other word you choose to use that could be synonymous with terrified! My goal is rather simple, I only seek to be able to swim well enough to assist Y if the need should ever arise. That should be easy, right?!?! I'm afraid not because that would require me trusting a perfect stranger and I'm not very good at that. One thing I have going for me is that the water I'll be learning in is only 5' deep so at least I can still stand and my head be above water. Make sure you say plenty of prayers for me, if not today then definitely on Thursday when I will get in the water for the first time. Today I will meet with my instructor and set goals for myself.
Speaking of swimming...Nana B. went out and bought Y a swimming pool last week, since all swimming gear is now on clearance. She bought her a whale of a pool (that's a joke...see the pictures below) for C$5 (that's 5 Canadian dollars, if you didn't guess). Well on Sunday the weather was so beautiful that we had every intention of blowing the pool up and taking it outside for Y to play in. Well we (I say 'we' but really, I had nothing to do with it) got the bright idea to blow the pool up inside first and then take it outside. Well, we really had no clue just how big this pool was going to end up being. And after we got it blown up (not even fully blown up to maximum capacity, but just enough to see how big it is) we realized that there was no way we were going to get that thing out of the house without first deflating it, which was not an option. And it turns out that it didn't matter anyway! Because as soon as we got the air in it, Y manages to crawl over the side of the pool and start playing in it just the way it was. It was quite entertaining to watch and she actually played there the rest of the day. Needless to say I am considering putting a huge pool in the middle of my living room now! She was very content to climb in and out all day.
Another thing I should mention is that a couple weeks ago I noticed that Y now poses for pictures. If she sees me pull the camera out and hears the beep it makes when it turns on, she immediately drops what she is doing and smiles for the camera. She is such a cheese ball! And is it any wonder that she knows what to do when a camera is turned on?!?! I guess that's completely my fault, maybe I should invest in one of those fancy SLR cameras and catch some REALLY good shots. But until then...you'll have to just enjoy the ones I have!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
You're going to do GREAT in your swimming lessons!!! You'll learn to love the water then you'll never want to get out! :)
I love the fact that she's posing for pics now. That's adorable!
She has such a contagious smile!
Good luck!! you are going to enjoy swimming when you get the hang over it.
You really are something, girl!! your swimming goal is one of the most inspirational ideas I've ever heard. Thanks for sharing. I had never even thought about that need. I guess I will have to join the club!!
About the swimming pool...you guys are hilarious!!! it's definitely a whale of a swimming pool!! and it is in the middle of your family room! what's up with that???? something only you guys could come up with!!! fun!
Mom and Dad wait till we all leave to finally get a pool. And right in the living room!
Post a Comment