My Blog List

Thursday, September 10, 2009

CAKE!!!

On Sunday, upon arriving at Nana B's & Grandpa P's, we celebrating Y's birthday again with her real birthday cake. We were joined by her Great Uncle Bruce as her Great Grandma Gladys. We just sang Happy Birthday and ate lots of cake and ice cream; not a big celebration by any means but more than appropriate for a first birthday. Here are some pictures of her cake as well as some from the rest of the weekend. Unfortunately, because she refuses to touch food of any kind, there are no pictures of her digging into her cake. I tried to get her to do it by sticking her hand in her small cake, thinking that after doing it once she would want to continue but alas, no cigar - she was no interested in touching it at all. In the end B ended up feeding her cake to her. Anyway, here are the pictures...Enjoy!


I blurred out her name so you'll have to use your imagination for that part.

Y's little personal cake. For those of you who don't know, if you go to Walmart and order a regular cake for your child's first birthday, they will give you a small cake similar to this one for $0.01. They may do it for other ages too, but I'm not sure about that!

Trying to play with the cat...he wouldn't cooperate! Oh and he's not trying to bite her, he had just eaten some chicken and was licking his lips or was he yawning...I forget which!

The smile I get after I catch her doing something she shouldn't be doing.

Such a cute picture with my favorite kind or cat...a stuffed one!

Not the greatest picture of Nana B. but Y looks adorable!

Y taking her first drink of big girl milk from a big girl glass!

1 comment:

David and Jana said...

Fun cake!! I LOVE that little dress! And she looks so pretty in it!