Wednesday, December 3, 2008
3 Months or 13 Weeks
In just a matter of hours my baby will turn both 3 months and 13 weeks - she was born on a Thursday which just happened to be on the 4th day of September. As I looked at her as I rocked her to sleep tonight I could not believe how much time has gone by. A couple days ago as I was playing with her I heard her giggle for the first time. As hard as I tried to get her to repeat it, it never happened so I will be watching and listening intently over the next several days waiting for her to do it again. But as I reminisce over these past few months, I realize how blessed we have been. We're healthy, we have a healthy and happy baby, and things have worked out for the best for us in all situations. I mean, not long ago I was crying and upset and completely ready to give up on breastfeeding then when I finally thought I was getting the hang of it there was another wrench thrown into the situation when she stopped gaining weight. Now that I look back on it, I am so very happy that I stuck it out no matter what. It is so rewarding to me to be able to provide that for nourishment for my baby. Not to mention that I love the time that we get to spend together while she nurses. It definitely wasn't easy but I'm glad we stuck it out! I've said it before and I'll say it again, I never could have imagined how much a baby would change our lives. I can't think of a single thing that hasn't been changed in one way or another since she was born. I have learned a thing or two about myself as well as a few things about motherhood. This has been one of the, if not THE, most rewarding time periods of my life. I've gained a little more patience (although not too much more) and I've also learned a very, very valuable lesson: I am not superwoman! As disappointed as I am to admit it, I realized that I cannot do everything. I guess I've always wanted to do my best and be the best at everything, juggling a million things at once. Well, I think I'm over that! I've also gained a huge appreciation and respect for my own mother. I have always had a really close relationship with my mom but I don't think I ever really understood just what a mother sacrifices for her child until I had my own. There is nothing that I wouldn't do for her. I've also never wanted time to slow down as much as I have over the past few months...my baby is growing up and there is nothing I can do to stop it. I guess that means I'll have to appreciate each day a little more. One thing that I am extremely grateful for though is that now I tend to have a little more free time each day. For a while there I had very little time to myself and that can be tough on any one...even superwoman.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I can't believe she's 3 months old already! Such a sweetheart!
We love you guys!
Post a Comment