Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving and Such...

We had an awesome Thanksgiving. It was a small group, just B and I, Y, and B's parents and brother drove over from Canada. I cooked my very first turkey (B had cooked them in years past) and it was pretty dang good!!! We also had macaroni and cheese, green beans, mashed potatoes, collard greens, NC style barbecue (pulled pork), hush puppies and apple pie for dessert (Queta made the pie). It was all amazing but the turkey was definitely the best! It was Y's first Thanksgiving but she didn't get to enjoy any of the food...not directly anyway! P, Q & T stayed overnight to watch Y so that I could go shopping on Black Friday while B was at work. I was up at 4am with a goal to be out by 4:30 but i ended up having to pump because I was engorged, so it was closer to 5am when I left. Luckily BestBuy is just down the street, but even so it was nowhere near as bad as last year. Maybe I just got lucky but I don't I didn't really wait in line for too long anywhere I went, even Walmart. I have a couple more gifts to buy, but I got a large amount of the shopping done. Now we are just gonna go buy Y some new clothes (yes, more clothes) this weekend.

My perfectly marinated and roasted turkey!


Yanna with her PapaBums



Napping with Mommy!



Yanna's tree sitting atop one of her gifts that I've yet to wrap (I figure she doesn't know the difference yet anyway).



She loves to look back and forth between her tree and the TV.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL, did you notice that Grandpa has a baby in one arm and another "baby" beside his other arm? :)