Sunday, July 15, 2012

Vacation, Part II

After arriving safely in North Carolina and getting some much needed rest, the fun really began.

Y spent all day every day playing with her cousin G who is 6 weeks older than she.  While we've visited every year this was the first year when they really interacted together and it was really the first time either of them has had someone their age to play with in the same house - all my other nieces and nephews are between the ages of 10 and 13.  They had a blast together up until the last couple of days when they started fighting over toys and such, but honestly I would have been surprised if that hadn't fought at all while we were there.

The girls were spoiled by everyone, especially my parents.  My dad went out and bought birthday cakes for both the girls so that we could celebrate their birthdays while there since they won't be here for their actual birthdays.  Both Y and Q got to ride on a little princess ATV that belongs to G, we went to one of the NC Aquariums, visited Coquina Beach again down on the Outer Banks, spent time with Great Grandma S, played in laundry baskets, ate lots of "down home" food, took pictures with the Google Car (my brother is currently doing mapping for Google), went to visit a very good friend of mine and swam in her pool, took family portraits with 4 generations, and ALL went out to dinner together.  It was an awesome trip!

I am so grateful that we have the opportunity to visit with family each year, though I wish it could be more often I am thankful for the time that we do have together.








Photobucket

2 comments:

Mary Lovett said...

If I'm correct it was 4 generations. I'm very thankful for the time we had together. Looking forward to the next trip. Love you guys!!

B&U+2 said...

Yes mom, you were right. I made the correction, thanks!