Tuesday, July 24, 2012

It All Started with Knitting...

I've officially gone off the deep end!  The crafting deepend anyway.

I am now the proud owner of a sewing machine...and an apron.  What do the two have to do with each other?  Well when my grandma gave me a sewing machine I figured I'd need to know how to use it.  So I devised a plan that I would buy a pattern and materials and while visiting my mom in NC she could teach me to sew using the stuff I had bought.  Great plan, right?

So what pattern did I end up buying?  Yep, you guessed it...an apron.  Those who know me best will see the irony in this:  first off, I own a sewing machine; second the first thing I chose to sew was an apron!  Since when do I spend enough time in the kitchen to justify the use of an apron?  Since when do I get excited about having a sewing machine?  Why do I get all googly-eyed over KitchenAid mixers that I can't afford (or justify buying anyway)?  Why do I fall head over hills for any item in black and white damask print?  Why do I have more recipes than I know what to do with?  I'm the girl that always hated cooking, remember?

I have become the woman I never though I would be, the woman I never thought I wanted to be, I'm...domesticated.  How did I get here?  When did this start?  I blame knitting, it's been all downhill (or uphill) from there.

But in my defense, I still hate to clean, so I guess I'm not fully domesticated!  Whew! ;)

Anyway's, here's my creation!  My favorite print combined with my favorite color!  Thanks Mom for all your help, I really enjoyed our bonding time!



No comments: