Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Surprise!!

Several months ago we began discussing the possibility of taking a road trip to NC to visit family.  B only gets about 2 weeks worth of vacation and we knew we wanted him to have at least a week off once Baby Q arrives.  We thought of several vacation possibilities but since my dad has recently started dialysis and as a result hasn't been in the best physical or even mental state, we were strongly leaning towards that option.  I mentioned the possibility to my mom but swore her to secrecy, mostly because we had been hit with a lot of unexpected bills that can arise when you own a home and a car.  So we said that if we had one more large, unexpected bill then the trip was off.  I didn't want to leave a ton of people disappointed so we just made my mom keep the secret.  When the point came that we knew for sure that we'd be going I decided that it would be cool to have it remain a secret and so that is what we did.

We left our home on Saturday, May 28th at 8:45am and we arrived in the wee hours of the morning on Sunday.  It's about a 12 hour drive but between the bladder of a 7½ month pregnant woman and a newly potty trained 2 year old it became a 17 hour drive.  We really enjoyed the trip and were able to stop by the DC Temple for the first time since we were married there over 5½ years ago.  We split the driving pretty evenly between us and kept Y happy with candy, treats, and DVDs.  Just as we exited the highway to get to my parent's house all the candy came back to haunt us...she puked all over herself and her carseat.  After we reached my parent's house she puked some more but then she was completely fine.

We had an awesome week there and it was so nice to have our own car to do whatever we wanted whenever we wanted without borrowing someone else's car.  We drove to see my grandma, to the Outer Banks, to visit various friends, etc.  It was awesome and we left Monday, June 6th to come back home.  We've had a pretty good couple days of rest and sadly B returns to work in the morning.  Now that I'm back I've started to focus on all that I have to do before Baby Q arrives and it feels a bit overwhelming to say the least.

I'm still not really fully recovered from all of the driving so I'll end this post here and come back later to post some of the pictures from our trip as well as an update from my doctor's appointment...stay tuned!

Photobucket

No comments: