Sunday, December 19, 2010

Appointment with the Nurse

On Wednesday,  Dec. 15th, I went in to see the nurse at my OBGYN's office.  I did the same when pregnant with Y and basically the purpose of this visit is to go over all my medical history and immediate family medical history.  Since we had done the bulk of that during my initial visit when I was pregnant before this time was just updating any changes that have occurred since then, including adding all sorts of information regarding the pregnancy and birth of Y.  Fortunately that didn't take too long and we were able to move along to the other aspects of the visit.  I had to give a urine sample as well as a few vials of blood which, among other things, they will use to do a early random blood glucose test. 

While having my blood drawn my Dr. stopped and asked me how my blood pressures and blood glucose readings have been and well, the truth is that whereas I have been testing my sugar levels an average of twice a day, it's not really good enough since I'm supposed to do it 4 times a day and I haven't been doing blood pressure checks at all.  So I definitely need to get on the ball and be more consistent with that.

Other than giving me a bunch of stuff to read over regarding genetics testing (which we have no plans of doing) and a bunch of other information which I still have from my nurse's visit while pregnant with Y, there wasn't a whole lot to tell about that visit.  We go for our first appointment with the OBGYN on Jan. 4th and I am super excited because we'll get to see him/her for the first time via ultrasound.  And as a heads up:  You'll likely here me refer to this baby as Q throughout this pregnancy.  I have decided that I like the name Quinn for a boy or for a girl so to me gender doesn't matter and I figure that if I just keep referring to him/her as Quinn then it will start to grow on B too.  Hope my plan works ;)

Photobucket

No comments: