Sunday, December 19, 2010

Y's World

In the world in which Y lives, everything is all about her and since she is only a toddler I guess that is to be expected - for now.  Fortunately for me, she is a very amiable toddler as well.  I honestly can't say enough good things about her, and I'm sure everyone gets sick of hearing it at times, but isn't that just what parents do?

I have felt lately as if much of the fatigue I felt early on is beginning to dissipate.  I know that I am only half way through the first trimester and the fatigue probably shouldn't be fading yet but to me it seems as if that's exactly what's happening, or maybe I'm just adjusting to it, or maybe I've been so busy during the last few weeks that I haven't had the time to feel tired.  But whatever the reason I have to give my baby girl her props.  When mommy is tired she is more than willing to accommodate!  It never failed, whenever I dosed off to sleep she would sit quietly near me and play, with an occasional trip to her room to get a different toy or something she previously forgot.  Never once did I awake to find the place in shambles or to find her playing with something she isn't supposed to.  It was great, especially since the naps were taken at random and without any notice at all.  I'd literally sit down for a few minutes to take a break and within 5-10 minutes I'd be asleep.  They were always those weird naps where you feel as if you're in a really deep sleep but at the same time you're aware of what is going on and being said around you.

A friend once told me that I'd better watch out for baby #2 because Y was really just too good.  I've often thought the exact same thing but after posting that thought on Facebook this week I have been reassured that I could end up with 2 angelic children in a row but that I should definitely beware of the fourth.  Haha, I guess that settles the debate of whether we'll have 3 children or 4!  I know that regardless of Q's temperament or personality I will love him/her just as much as I love Y.

Y gets funnier and funnier each day but she also becomes more social and loving each day.  She was never really a social child before, she always stayed close to those she knew but recently in stores she will go up to random people and start to say hi.  She has never made a move or shown any interest in wandering beyond a few arms length of me but it still makes me a little paranoid at times.  I guess I just need to adjust to this new found friendliness.  She also repeats everything that she hears someone say, regardless of the setting or who is having the conversation.  Yes, that includes when two complete strangers who apparently haven't seen each other in a very long time see each other in the store and yell, "OMG!" (abbreviation added).  Or whenever mommy is having a conversation with someone else, she likes to repeat back what they said to me, verbatim, but in a question format.  Most people think it is hilarious and I am beginning to think that maybe that is why she has a large vocabulary for a 27 month old.  But since I use this blog as my personal journal I'll have to start writing posts about the funny things that she says or does!  Stay tuned!

Photobucket

No comments: