Some of you may be accustomed to many of these things but my family was always one of very simple means and so these things are things which I have never had the luxury of having before in my parents house growing up or even in an apartment which I lived in. So you'll have to excuse me if I get excited and caught up in what some may deem as the "simple" things in life!
Here goes:
This is a picture of a remote. But this remote controls the living room ceiling fan, so if I get hot...I don't have to move. Unless of course the remote is across the room from where ever I happen to be. It totally promotes laziness but with 15 foot ceilings it is also a huge necessity since we don't have anyone living with us who is the size of Shaq.
We can pretend that we are in an episode of Seinfeld with our buzzer/intercom. Someone rings/buzzes the doorbell and I don't have to run downstairs to see who it is, I just press the talk/listen button! Thus far we haven't had too much use for this because we haven't had any unexpected visitors. What I really need is for some unwanted solicitors to come to my door so that I can put it to good use...I'm thinking a hard-of-hearing, elderly, Asian woman might live here all of a sudden!
Cabinets that have shelves which slide in and out...a woman must've thought of this. It is ingenious!!!
An ice maker!!! It's not one of those that is on the outside of the freezer door, nor does it offer crushed ice but who cares?!?! It's an ice maker!!! I don't mind opening the stupid door for my ice and after the amount of crushed ice I had during labor I am happy to live without it now!
Water at the push of a button! Again it's inside the fridge, not outside if the door but who cares!! No more refilling the Brita pitcher or buying the filters, I just press a blue button!!!
A food pantry! Do you know how much space this opens up in my cabinets? Let's just say I only have one visible appliance on my countertop and that is a toaster oven. It's not huge but as you can see it holds more than enough food for 2½ people.
A gas fireplace. I don't have to chop down any trees (I just have to learn to light a pilot which for me may be just as hard). I can foresee what that this year's Christmas Cards will have a picture of this (in use) with a Christmas Tree to the right of it and a happy family poised in front.
1 comment:
Congrats on your new home and all your new "toys." I love your cover pic...beautiful!
Post a Comment