Wednesday, July 14, 2010

My SUPER Talented Mommy!!!

Back in the spring I purchased an adorable top for Y at TCP and also found a pair of darling Capri's there to match it.  You can see the set in this picture: 


As cute as it is here, the pictures really don't do it justice! 

I still wasn't completely satisfied because I desperately wanted to find a solid black skirt to go along with it.  I never knew how impossible that could be!  All the skirts were brightly colored and not at all what I was looking for, I searched in stores, I searched online in stores, eBay, you name it, i tried it but to no avail.  So I talked to my mom and started looking at patterns to see if she could sew a skirt for me.  I should add that I was looking for something very specific:  I wanted it to be solid black, tiered and just below the knee.  Searching on sites like McCalls. Simplicity, Vogue, etc. and I found NOTHING!!!!  I was getting extremely disappointed and frustrated and just went to google and typed in something-or-other, probably tier skirt, toddler, pattern and after clicking on several links I hit the JACKPOT!  It was love at first sight and since I have absolutely NO prowess when it comes to using a sewing machine, my AMAZING mother agreed that she would sew it for me!!!

I quickly headed for Joann's to look for the needed materials and then decided to have a white one made as well!!!  It turned out to be a real labor of love but she finished them and they look FANTASTIC!!!  I can't wait to put them on Y and see her wearing them! 

Here are the pictures of the finished product:



Thanks Mom!!! 
I am super excited and I am sure Y will love them and look completely adorable in them!  Love You!!!

1 comment:

Queta said...

Mary you did an amazing job with the skirts,they are soooooo cute!!!