So one night after putting her to bed I hopped on the internet and started doing some research and found that I was doing several things wrong. I should add that Y's hair is a blend of many different ethnicities. She is black, white, and hispanic and her hair has some characteristics of all three of those. During my research I found that there are MANY people out there raising multiracial babies that were having the exact same issues as I was having with Y's hair. Long-story-short, there were a ton of products mentioned which ranged in price from $8 to $25. I wanted the cheapest and most easily accessible option that worked the best and needless to say most of the recommendations weren't sold in your typical store and/or had to be purchased via various websites. I continued my research and found that the key to maintaining curly hair is LOTS and LOTS of moisture (which is also the key to maintaining my own hair). In finding that out I also found out that she would need a shampoo and conditioner that were moisturizing. Turns out that the body wash which doubles as shampoo is very gentle but provides no moisture, so it was in fact just stripping her hair of moisture, so the first step was to stop using it immediately!
After more research I found what I was looking for and after purchasing and using them, I was absolutely amazed! I immediately wanted to write about post because I was so happy with the results but I decided to test it out for a full 2 weeks before doing so...and 2 weeks later I am still just as satisfied. So if you have curly hair or your child does you should give it a try. Based on some of the reviews I read even adults use this stuff on their hair and are totally satisfied with it and at a fraction of the cost as some of the more expensive brands. All three products are made by Johnson & Johnson and can be found at Walmart or Target.
The shampoo is Johnson's Extra Conditioning Shampoo for curly hair, they have it for straight hair too but that doesn't really apply for us. It leaves her hair amazingly soft and easy to comb through.
After her bath and each morning I apply the Johnson's Leave-in Conditioner to lock in and add moisture throughout the day.
On the days when she doesn't get her hair washed or she gets a bath at night I use the Johnson's Detangling Spray along with the Leave-in Conditioner.
And honestly the best part is that Y no longer struggles with me when it's time to get her hair done...it's GREAT!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment