I mentioned in my last post that I had a lot of thoughts running through my mind that I wanted to share in a post but I didn't want to put it in that post...well here are those thoughts:
I WANT a house! The housing market in Michigan is GREAT...if you're a buyer (it sucks if you're trying to sell). Everyone keeps telling us that it's the perfect time to buy, and we're well aware of this and boy do we wish we could buy but there are a couple problems with that right now. I graduated but I have no plans of working so that greatly diminishes our ability to buy any house right now, much less a house that we'd want to buy. Sometimes I look at our savings account and think, "we're doing okay for ourselves" and then I think of the economy and so many in this country (especially in Michigan) who were doing "okay for themselves" and now have little to nothing. It's scary! I also hate the thought of being in debt for the next 15-30 years of my life. But perhaps the biggest obstacle for us right now is our own desires. Ya see, neither of us believe in the idea of having a "starter home" we only want to buy ONE house...EVER. We want 4 kids and when we buy our first home we want to buy a house that will comfortably work for us and our 4 kids so that we never have to move again (unless a wonderful job offer comes and moves us to the east coast *wink**wink*), regardless of the number of kids we have when we buy the house. The thing is, all those types of houses (in this area) are out of our price range. Now if we were to move way out into BFE...then we could afford one of those houses, but that's not an option we're willing to accept!
I HAVE an apartment that is the perfect size for us and is really at a price we can't beat! I like not having to mow the lawn and not having to pay to have any appliances fixed when they break. But the most important part of all is that we have somewhere to call home that is safe, it keeps us warm in the winter and cool in the summer (for extremely low cost).
I WANT a second car! I cannot tell you how much I hate having to get up early on the days that I need to keep the car. It wasn't so bad when it was just me but now that I have Y it's a matter of getting her up and fed before we take him to work and then going about our daily routine and doing everything we need to get done all before having to be back to pick him up by 4pm. I also hate not being able to just get up and go somewhere in the middle of the day if I want to, sitting at home all day can drive me crazy!!!!
I HAVE a fully functional and reliable car that gets us where we need to go, when we need to get there. I also have a wonderful husband who is always accommodating when I want to have the car regardless of the reason.
Long story short: I so often get wrapped up in what I want that I neglect to realize what I have! I live a great life which happens to be a fairly comfortable life. Right now when so many people have so little and are quickly losing what they do have, I realize that I have so very much to be grateful for.
A few days ago I was having a similar conversation with B regarding the topics above as well as our timeline for expanding our family. Previously our timeline for baby #2 was around the time Y turned 15 months so that they would be approximately 2 years apart. Well I told him that there was no way we were going to make that deadline because I want a house before we have baby #2 as well as being more financially secure. Well, what he said next really stuck with me and I kinda kicked myself because I knew it all along. He said, "Heavenly Father knows how many kids we want, if it is His will then He will make the way. So just let Him figure it all out." I LOVE my husband! Whenever I have my moments of doubt he says what I need to hear to ease my worries.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It's amazing isn't it? How blessed we are?? I do the same thing. I'm so happy to know you and to be able to keep up with you even though we live so far apart. I love reading your blog, whenever I actually get on my computer, and seeing you and your family.
PS having Adam and Peter so close (20 months) was one of the best things we ever did. For them and for us. And we lived in a 650 sq ft apartment. It was hard at first having 2 so small together, but after that, they are best buddies and they always have someone to play with. It also makes #3 so much easier! :)
I really enjoyed beading, but only when my babies were in bed!!!
Post a Comment