My Blog List

Sunday, May 10, 2009

A Mother's Day Tribute

Some people are born with great examples of great mothers, some marry into families with a great mother and still some never experience the joy of wonderful mothers or mother figures. Luckily for me, that last group does not include me! I was fortunate enough to be born to a wonderful mother, with two living grandmothers and three living great-grand mothers. My paternal grandmother died 2 days before my fifth birthday and my great-grandmothers all lived well into my youth so I got to know them all pretty well before they died and for that I feel very fortunate. I am lucky enough to still have a happy and healthy mom and grandma and hopefully it will stay that way for many years to come. For most of my life I lived very close to my grandma and I absolutely loved it and honestly I feel sad that Y will not grow up closer to my mom but I will help them spend as much time as possible together getting to know each other so that they will share as strong a bond as I share with my grandma. My mom has always been a great source of strength to me, always encouraging me when I needed it (and even when I didn't think I needed it). But my good fortune does not stop there! I also am blessed to have a great mother-in-law with whom I get along great and who I know will also be a great example of motherhood and womanhood in general to our child(ren). Throughout my life I have had many moments of instability and unsurety but I have always found comfort from those mothers in my life. There has never been a question or request too big or too small for them to help solve or answer and I feel so blessed because of them. I also feel that because of their wonderful examples I will be able to be a better mom to my child(ren). So to all the mom's in my life, I say thanks for your great example of motherhood and happy mother's day!!! 143

No comments: