My Blog List

Friday, May 29, 2009

A Milestone

As of yesterday, Y can officially go from a laying position to a sitting position all on her own. She is not very efficient at it yet but I have no doubt she will be soon. She has been doing it for a little while with the assistance of certain props that are around her but yesterday afternoon while I was making her lunch she did it all by herself. I was making lunch so I didn't see it but when I walked back in the room I took note that she had been laying and was now sitting and there was nothing around her to aid her in the process! She has done it a few times today while I was watching and she always seemed very determined while doing it, no matter how long it takes her!

2 comments:

David and Jana said...

Yay!! I LOVE it when babies do their "I'm independent" things! That's awesome!

Anonymous said...

It's so cute when the tiniest things they do are such a concentrated effort on their part- makes you appreciate what our bodies do every day so easily now...