Saturday, April 11, 2009
Personal Reflections
I just finished wrapping Y's Easter gifts, all of which deal with Christ and as I looked at each one I began reflecting back on the past 15-16 months or so (from the time we got pregnant until now) and how different my life and my life's path have become. It's not an easy task being Mormon and I definitely won't sit here and say that I've always been a picture perfect one. And being the very imperfect being that I am makes me that much more grateful for the Atonement of Christ. I was once told two very important things and I never completely understood them until becoming a mother. The first was that as I went through the temple for the first time I would "receive understanding, light and knowledge and personal revelation as to your purposes here on earth and the true meaning of life and family." I can say that I did learn a lot that day but I'm not completely sure I learned that. The second thing was that my most choice blessing was to be a mother and that I will teach them the principles of the Gospel through my example and testimony as well as teaching them the commandments of their Heavenly Father. I guess that until I became a mother I never really saw it as being a blessing, I approached it more like it was a job. However, now, that I am a mother when I reflect back to those very important passages I realize that if I never succeed in teaching Y anything else, I must succeed in teaching her that her Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love her unconditionally. That is my life's purpose and as long as I can succeed in teaching her that then everything else will somehow work itself out. Now, that may sound like an easy task but coming from someone who has always struggled with feeling worthy of that unconditional love it can be a tough task. I will say this though, being a mother has brought me so much closer to Heavenly Father and Christ because it has taught me to seek help from Them much more often. Again, I am so very grateful for the Atonement of Christ, for His ultimate sacrifice, and for all the blessings that I have received because of it. Sometimes I feel as if this blog is not the best place for me to post my spiritual thoughts but maybe it should be. Happy Easter, everyone. 143!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks, U, those are some really great thoughts. It is so hard not to get caught up in commercialism, especially with little kids, so thanks for those sweet words of faith and peace:)
Post a Comment