Monday, April 6, 2009

Another Month Has Passed...

My precious baby is now 7 months old!! I cannot believe how fast the time has gone as I look back over it. I am enjoying so much being a mommy and I'm really saddened by how fast it has all gone by. She is such a joy to be around and just seems to be happy a lot of the time. I am told that even when I think she is being cranky that she's still pretty mellow, I guess Heavenly Father blessed me with an angel for my first born so that I would definitely have more. I sometimes think back to when she was first born and I would often get a little sad as I considered how B and I wouldn't have as much time to spend together because we would be so focused on taking care of Y. Well I won't tell you that I don't miss being able to do whatever we wanted whenever we wanted but I will tell you that my somber views were slightly misguided because now I can't picture my life without Y in it. I love my little girl so much, words simply cannot express it. Anyway, enough about me...this is all about Y!

I know I'm a couple of days late but on Saturday Y turned 7 months old and I snapped a few pictures of her for your viewing pleasure. I tried to get a video but every time I begin filming she stops whatever she is doing and just stares blankly at the camera, and that's really not much fun so I won't post the video. She can roll over but only does it when she wants to do it. She can also sit up, but again, only when she wants to. She loves to laugh, touch and pull mommy's hair, smile, make noises that sound like a chirping cricket. She sleeps through the night again but isn't the greatest napper. She absolutely LOVES her bath, actually I just think she likes to make sure that mommy and daddy get just as wet as she does. I told B that with the way she kicks those legs and treads water she should be a swimmer. She doesn't even care that she splashes water in her face and eyes! Oh yeah, and she still has no teeth and from what I can tell it doesn't look like they're coming anytime soon. Her cousin, G, is 8½ months old and still has no teeth either so I guess we're just late bloomers. She is truly a fun baby and a joy to be around! I always snap pictures on her month-day (and lots of other days), so here they are:

1 comment:

Kevin, Kelsey and Annalise.... said...

I can't believe how much she looks like you Umeka!! She is so cute, I wish that her and Annalise could hang out!