Monday, January 5, 2009

Blessings

I really just felt the need to post and tell all of you how extremely blessed I feel to have you as part of our lives.

To my own family: I am so grateful, without you I wouldn't be me. Growing up I remember sometimes wishing I were a part of a different family but now there is no way I would change anything about you. You are a huge support to me and I know I can count on y'all through anything.

As for my in-laws: I was watching Desperate Housewives tonight (I know) and they were saying something about meeting the in-laws for the first time and how everyone dreads it. Well, I have to disagree! I totally lucked out in the in-law category. I have never had any issues with any of you and honestly feel that you guys are some of the most wonderful people on earth and I know that I am so blessed to have you as my family. Some of your family you're born into and others you choose (even if indirectly) but I am equally blessed in both.

My friends: I always have a tendency to wonder why things end up the way they do, why I went here, why I did this or that, why did I move here. And I think it all boils down to people and the influence that they will have on your life. That said, everything I have done or said or place I have gone has been a blessing to me because I have me some of the greatest people ever. Some of you are from back home, some of you are from VT, some of you are here in Michigan, and others of you are far off in distant lands but nonetheless I am so very grateful for you and to have you as part of my life. It's kinda weird but as it turns out I have made the greatest friends in places that I really wasn't sure why I was there. Rocky Mount, NC is no heaven on earth but it's home and I love it there and I have great friends there. My decision to attend Virginia Tech was kind of a last minute decision (I think I decided a week before having to return my letter stating I was planning to attend) but once I was there and I started meeting people I knew immediately that it was where I was supposed to be. And then there is Michigan, it took me a while to accept the fact that I was supposed to be here (and I'm still kinda wondering when or if that will change) but again, I have met and continue to meet the most amazing people and forming, what I hope to be, forever friendships.

So long story short, thank you all for your love, your support and your example. You guys are amazing and I'm blessed to have you.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Well U, despite growing up in a disfunctional family, your life has turned out very well. I'm thankful to Heavenly Father for you guys, you all were my reason for living. If I could go back and change things, and it meant that I wouldn't have you all in my life, then I wouldn't change anything. My prayer is to be around to see the other two as happy as you are. Life is too short not to be happy, and for me living the Gospel has brought me much happiness. I love you very much.

Anonymous said...

Aww! Great post Umeka! I love you too! *wink*

Anonymous said...

You have such a beautiful way to put into words the things of my heart.
We are grateful that you came into our life, we couldn't have asked for a better wife for our son, you are not just a daughter in-law, you are our daughter!
You are so kind, loving, helpful and I can go on and on, but all I can say is that we love you.
May I also add that you have an awesome family?
Mary I can trully see where she gets it from .
LOVE YOU