Tuesday, November 4, 2008

So Happy I Could Cry...Literally!

Well all the major news stations have just called the presidency in favor of Barack Obama. This is huge for me and honestly, as much as I wanted it to happen I didn't really believe that it could happen. I mean, clearly, I believe that Obama was the better man for the job but I guess I didn't have enough faith that this could actually happen. Maybe I didn't have enough faith in Americans in general. Maybe, having been raised in the south, my view of race relations is still pretty negative on most accounts. I suppose I have learned a valuable lesson tonight, as has the rest of the nation. I didn't think it could be done and I honestly refused to get my hopes up. So as I said in the title, I'm so happy I could cry...and once the shock wears off I probably will (either then or while I watch his acceptance speech)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now when are we gonna get a Latino president?

:D

Anonymous said...

Umeka I think I did enough crying for everyone!!!

Anonymous said...

Dude! obama rocks and he is the man! Democrates!!!!! Democrates!!!! Democrats!!!!!!!