Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Results Are In...

So for those of you familiar with Gestational Diabetes you know that six weeks or so after a gestational diabetic delivers the baby they have to have another screening for diabetes. Well I went in for the test on Saturday, October 18th. It was a pretty stressful day because I cannot tell you how badly I didn't wanna have to deal with diabetes. Well yesterday I received the results and I'M DIABETES FREE!!!! I was soooo happy. Some might not really understand why I was so happy about it. I mean, very rarely does it not go away after the pregnancy. Well in my case, the doctor was pretty certain that I would have diabetes. Most people aren't diagnosed until 24-28 weeks of pregnancy, they typically don't even do the tests before that point. Well due to my lovely family history my doctor decided to test me early and I was diagnosed at 12 weeks. So it's kind of a big deal to me that I don't have it because I really went through my whole pregnancy thinking that I had it for sure.



Every year on our anniversary we take a picture to add to our wedding album, this is this year's picture.
So this definitely isn't the most flattering picture of me but it's pretty funny. Yanna can latch on to my top lip and she does it quite often when she's hungry. It's a mobile pacifier and it keeps her quiet until I can feed her!



She loves her bouncy chair (but not as much as she loves her swing)!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Umeka, I am very happy you are well and there is no diabetes, and may I say IYHYANNA LOOKS SOOOOOOOOOO ADOOOOOOORABLE !!!

Anonymous said...

Break out the chocolate and Welch's! :)

Great pics, I love that first one of the three of you.

RACHEL said...

are there any words that go with this entry, because i can't see them, pictures are super cute though!!

Sarah said...

Congratulations Umeka! I am so happy you don't have diabetes. What a blessing!