Y had therapy today and she is doing exceptionally well!!! Her therapist is pretty amazed at the progress she has made and kept talking to Y telling her that it is all due to mommy's hard work. As I thought about that tonight, I thought about how wrong that therapist really was. I mean, sure B and I do her stretches and exercises with her but we honestly can't take credit for her quick progression. There has been a higher power at work in all this. Before she started her physical therapy she was given a priesthood blessing by her dad, granddad and uncle. Many prays have been offered up, diligently, on her behalf. So as much as I would like to, I know that I can't really take the credit for this. Even in a minor case of torticollis it would take a minimum of 3 months to correct and we're looking at just one month of therapy when all is said and done. We've been at this for a couple weeks now and her therapist said today that she can't see Y showing any preference any more. She is able to move and support her neck on both sides pretty evenly. We're extremely grateful for this blessing.
As for other news...Y LOVES television, much to my dismay. I dunno, maybe I'm just weird, but I really don't want her to watch TV. I hadn't really noticed her watching it really until sometime late last week. I had her sitting on my lap facing forward and I picked her up to turn her around so that I could play with her and she kept her head turned toward the television. Whenever I would turn her so far around that she couldn't see it, she would get very upset. This gave us a good laugh for a little while I must admit. But we've noticed her watching it a lot since then. She also likes to look at this chime that I have hanging in the house, she also likes it when we make it move so she can hear the noise. She is talking and smiling all the time now and brings more joy to our lives than I ever thought possible. She's up to 6 pairs of shoes now (like mother like daughter). She has officially worn every piece of 0-3 month clothing that she owns, which for those of you who haven't seen her closet, is no small feat. I take her home to NC for the first time in 2½ weeks, and I am extremely nervous about traveling with her. I have a 1 hour 15 minute flight (30 minutes in the air) from Detroit to Chicago, then a 1 hour layover, a 1 hour 45 minute flight from Chicago to Raleigh and then a 1 to 1½ hour drive home from the airport. Hopefully she's a good traveler because I don't wanna deal with a screaming 3 month old. I am really looking forward to her meeting her PopPop as well as her uncle, aunt and cousins. In talking to my mom, I mentioned how different it would be for Y. She's really not accustomed to being surrounded by so many people, typically it's just me, her and B. Another huge difference will be the noise level. With only 3 people in our house, you can imagine that it's pretty quiet...well back home it's is completely the opposite. Always loud and something is always going on. Babies are resilient so I am sure she will adjust fairly quickly but it will still be very interesting nonetheless.
Well it's my bedtime so I will say goodnight and leave you with only one picture for now! Goodnight!
This is what they mean by, "Sleeping like a baby."
8 comments:
That's great news about Yanna's speedy progress!
As for her growing addiction to TV, it must be a gene inherited from her grandpa. She's gonna have a TV in every room when she gets her own place. :)
So she's worn all her 0-3 month clothing? Does that include the Canada bib? :)
actually she is just starting to really drool so she's only just starting to use bibs. Plus that bib is pretty huge so maybe when she is a little bigger. Don't worry if all else fails we'll let her wear it on Canada Day...assuming we don't have to go out in public. lol
Yay! I'm glad to hear she is progressing so well! Thank goodness for priesthood blessings. That picture is adorable. Something about konked out babies just makes me heave a contented sigh. I love to snuggle with them when they are like that, but my baby is almost too old to do that anymore. He still falls asleep sometimes during his last feeding, and I always hate waking him up to put him in bed, but I don't want him to get addicted to nursing himself to sleep...
Does all the drooling mean that she's going to start teething soon, or is it too early? When we she start eating porridge?
It could still be months before she starts cutting her first tooth. Gabby's pediatrician told Nikki that baby's usually teethe around the same time their parents did and According to my mom I didn't cut my first tooth until about 8 months, so who knows. She will start either rice or oatmeal after her 4 month visit.
Just don't buy her Gerber pureed strawberries or Brandon will probably eat them. I remember when Lance and Troy were small mom used to buy jars of that stuff and I'd eat them. They were amazing!!!
Oh, and Arrowroot cookies!!! Mmmmmm!!!
I'm actually gonna try making my own baby food. We'll see how it goes I guess.
Post a Comment