They say time flies when you're having fun! Well it's true because I've had the best 3 years of my life married to B! Yep, today is our 3 year anniversary! That's short compared to most of you but a milestone for us nonetheless. Especially for me! I mean 6 or 7 years ago, had you asked me, I would have told you I wasn't getting married and I definitely wasn't having kids! So if you've learned anything about me it should be that what I say is worth a grain of salt! Because this awesome guy came along and convinced me to marry him. And to top it all off he convinced me to have a baby too! The power of persuasion!!!
All jokes aside, I can honestly say that I have had the best three years of my life married to B and this year it takes on a whole new meaning as I sit here holding our daughter. If I can be blunt and honest then I must admit that growing up I had a pretty crappy impression of marriage. Though I love my parents and I know they love each other, it was not exactly a great depiction of what a marriage should be. Honestly, none of the relationships that I witnessed as a child were really "healthy" relationships. It wasn't until I joined the church that I really started to see what marriage could be. But I didn't think that was possible for me so instead of risking it I just said I'd spend my life single. And then along came B, convincing me that not only were there loving, gentle and kind guys out there but also that I was worthy of one of those guys. I don't think we have a perfect marriage, I don't even think the perfect marriage exists. But I do know that I will do everything in my power to assure Y (and her unborn siblings) that marriage is a wonderful blessing when it's with the right person. And I want to teach her (them) this by action and not words. I dunno what I did to deserve him, but Heavenly Father sent me the greatest gift I could have asked for and every day that I awake and see him laying next to me I am even more grateful. I love you, BPF and I'm welcoming eternity with open arms thanks to you!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Happy Anniversary! You have such a special family. As I read your entry I think it goes to show Heavenly Father has a plan for each of us. Regardless of where we think we will be, if we follow his will wonderful things will happen. Congrats!
Happy Anniversary! You guys are such a cool and adorable couple (and now Family!)
Here's to 70+ more years of Wedding bliss!
Happy Anniversary to our wonderful Umeka and Brandon. We love you both so much (and that gorgeous baby of yours!!).
Love,
Aunt Janice & Uncle Rick
XOX
Congratulations!! I'm so glad you're so happy. There are no perfect marriages, but there are some that come pretty darn close!!
That was beautiful.
Congrats on your anniversary- that is funny- we just had our 7 year on the 20th.
Congratulations you two!
I LOVE the beautiful wedding photo and the adorable photos of Yanna!
-Sarah
Post a Comment