My Blog List

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Last Minute Thoughts

Okay, I should really be in bed getting some rest right now but I wanted to make a quick post and kind of document what/how I feel right now.

I'm 3cm dilated, so that's progress I can live with! I'm very nervous, very excited, very overwhelmed, honestly the list of emotions could go on forever. In slightly over 7.5 hours I will be in the hospital preparing to have my first child. I'm going to be a mom. Me...the girl who never really wanted kids in the first place is going to have a baby and is really really happy about it. The scary part is that it will be a title I carry with me forever, throughout all the eternities. Maybe that's why I feel so overwhelmed! I'm scared of labor. I'm scared of having to provide for a child, not financially because that we are prepared for, but physically and emotionally and spiritually. I'm not sure if one could ever be prepared for that. I suppose I look at it like I did when watching all those divers during the Olympics. I couldn't help but wonder what would run through their minds as they were on the platform and about to dive head-first into a pool of water. I feel like I have to be like one of those divers and just make the jump and have faith that something is going to break my fall. I need prayers, ya'll! And lots of them! I'm going to be a mom. I'm going to be a mom? I'm going to be a mom! I'm terrified.

I've waited for what seemed like years to meet my daughter, my little baby, my angel and tomorrow the time arrives. I'm excited. I'm overwhelmed. I'm...

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Awww...how cool! Seriously, your going to have your precious child with you in a matter of hours. Good Luck, I really wish everything goes smoothly and you & the baby are fine. I can't say I know what it feels like cuz I don't just yet but like you said "have faith" that's all we can do. I' am sure you and Brandon will be marvelous parents, you both have such kind hearts. Just smile and enjoy every minute of it! Yay! Your a MOM now =]