Saturday, March 16, 2013

Thanks Pinterest

More purposeful crafts ideas from Pinterest!

I'm not sure what's come over me in the last year or 2, maybe it's the realization that I'm really in my 30's and should probably look the part a bit more, but I have rekindled my love of shoes and developed an intense appreciation for fashion jewelry.  That appreciation can mostly be attributed to a fabulous store, Charming Charlie!

We have a wonderful outdoor mall that's really close to our place and several times last summer while walking past the store I expressed to B my desire to go in.  He'd always tell me to go in and take a look but I made the assumption that it was a super chic and expensive store so I always decided not to torture myself.  Well once while at the mall with a friend I decided to throw caution to the wind and went in...

I loved, loved, loved the layout of the store; everything is color coordinated! And then there were the prices...absolutely nothing like I had assumed...I walked out with 2 sets (necklace and matching earrings) that day.  I have returned many times sense, and that explains my need for my next Pinterest projects:  Jewelry Storage!

I went back to Michael's and bought another (smaller) unfinished open back frame. Some craft paint in a shade of my favorite color and some pretty damask ribbon from Joann's.  A towel bar, window screening, and circular screws from Lowe's; some "S" shaped shower curtain holders from Walmart and bugged my neighbor to cut a piece of wood that I had laying around my house...and then I went to work!



Photobucket

No comments: