The past 4½ years have flown by! Tonight we took Y in to register her for Kindergarten. Despite the smile (forced) that you see in the photo she is not excited about it. She still tells me all the time that she does not want to go to school. My heart breaks a little each time I hear it because truth is I know it's going to be hard to let her go that first day. I know it's something almost all parents go through but with Y being our oldest it is a whole new experience for me.
I know she will be ready (and hopefully excited) when the time comes but for now I am just enjoying the time I still have with her at home with me each day. She and Q really enjoy playing together and it's another reason I am glad that we decided to forgo preschool. As a parent we only get a few years before we have to send them out in the world, and I personally like having as much of that time as I can!
No comments:
Post a Comment