Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Hair Bow Frame

For years I have had the intention of making one of those awesome hair bow frames and well, I just never got around to it until now.  Like I've said previously I enjoy making crafts but I especially appreciate and love crafts that serve a purpose or solve a problem.  And my current problem is what to do with the growing number of bows that I have for the girls.  I have moved them from box to box to larger box and they are now bursting out of said larger box.  Add to that the fact that I am STILL making MORE bows for them, it was past time for me to solve the problem once and for all.

So I went to Michael's and bought a 16x20 unfinished open back frame:

Painted it a beautiful, bright lavender:

Mixed some purple glitter with Mod Podge and apply it to make it sparkle:

Added some pretty rainbow colored ribbon using a hot glue gun:

Hot glued on a pretty flower that matched some of the flecks of glitter and hung on the wall:

Added some of the bows (enough to keep it looking neat) and took a final picture:


Photobucket

No comments: