Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Welcome Home, Cruz

It's been a long time coming, but we've finally purchased a second car!!!  It's been something that we've desired for a long time but we 1.) wanted to save up a substantial down payment and 2.) wanted to wait until B was earning more money at work.  We don't like to spread ourselves too thin and with his work schedule previously being 8am-4pm and then 6am-2pm we were able to make it work with only one vehicle.

When he received his promotion and his hours changed from 8am-5pm things became a lot more difficult.  We began having to cram all of our errands into Saturday and it really was becoming quite frustrating.  All the while B had been keeping his eyes out, via the internet, for the "right" car.  Well, on Friday, July 21st he found it!  By the time we decided to go look at it on Saturday afternoon, it had been sold.  They had several other similar models in stock but none of them had the second row bench seat that B really wanted, they were all captain's chairs.  I wasn't really sure what my preference was between the two so I happened to ask the salesman if they had anything on the lot with a bench seat so I could compare it.  He said we could drive around and check so all of us hopped on the golf cart and went looking around at the different Ford Flexes they had on the lot. 

Turns out the only one they had with the bench hadn't been cleaned, detailed, priced, etc.  We knew we liked it but didn't know what price it would be so we asked if we could take it for a test drive even though it still wasn't officially in their inventory yet.  The salesman agreed and while we were out he found out what the price would be, got us a copy of the carfax report, etc.  After we drove it we were pretty much sold but the price was a bit higher than we wanted to pay.  After a little negotiating we were able to talk the price down a bit, not exactly where we wanted but they agreed to put on new brakes and  new tires so we made a deal!

We finally brought it home the following Thursday and I named him Cruz.  Cruz because if we are ever blessed with a little boy, I'd love to name him Cruz but B (so far) will not agree to it.  So I told him if I couldn't name our future son Cruz then I'd name my car Cruz!  As far as details about him, he's a 2010 Ford Flex with just over 29,000 miles on him. He truly is in perfect condition and by reading the carfax we know that his previous owner took care of him in the same manner that we take care of our car(s).  He always had an oil change on time, took him in for all scheduled maintenance and never had an accident!

Oh, and can I say just how liberating it is to be able to jump in the car at any time and take the girls out if I need/want to?!?  I'm loving it!

Photobucket

No comments: