I had completely forgotten just how much fun it is to have a 1 year old in the house! Q is really a little ball of fun now that she's crawling around. She loves to follow her big sister around or even just crawl around on her own. I'm never surprised to find her in a room alone playing, she's fairly good at entertaining herself but she is still very much a mommy's baby.
Over the past few weeks she has really begun to start trying to mimic words and sounds, they can be words or sounds from us or even from her toys. It's too early to tell but I wouldn't be surprised if we have another early, clear speaking baby. From a very young age we always heard comments about how clearly Y was able to speak.
She has more teeth coming in, the top two front teeth and that's been affecting her napping but she's still a great sleeper at night. She's still a great eater, she loves to eat her baby food but she also wants to eat whatever food we happen to be eating as well. She absolutely adores her big sister but she is also beginning to let Y know what she doesn't like. She also likes to play with whatever toy Y happens to be playing with at the time, I like to explain to Y that it's what I like to call payback. All-in-all they get along extremely well, but that can always change as Q grows older and even more strong willed and independent.
As for me looking back over the past year, I can't believe how fast it all has gone. I know everyone says it and I know it's a cliche but it's still so very true. Sometimes as I think about my baby growing up I get a bit emotional. I know I've been through all these emotions before with Y and I'm sure I'll go through them again but each child is different and I can't help but want to hold on to them as long as I can. I'm also having a hard time giving up breastfeeding. When my babies are first born I really, really dread it but I do it because it's what's best for them (and what's cheapest) but by the time they are a year old and I can wean them I have a really hard time giving it up. I guess I can chalk that up to trying to hold on to my baby as long as I can.
No comments:
Post a Comment