While I was otherwise preoccupied with helping Q, Y was being oddly quiet...I knew this was probably bad. So when I emerged from their room after putting Q down for her nap I caught Y's reflection in the TV. I was able to watch her quickly get off the couch and hurry to put her shorts back on. I asked her what she had been doing that required her shorts being off, she didn't reply. When I came closer I realized that she had used her markers (thankfully, they're washable) to draw ALL over herself. Literally, the only clean areas of her body were hidden by her underwear, she even managed to draw all over her back! I insisted that it was bathtime and after seeing how ticked I was she didn't argue.
After her bath she comes up to me and the conversation goes like this:
Y: Mommy, I'm mad at you because you made me take a bath, I didn't want to be clean!
Me: It's okay for you to be mad at mommy but it's not ok for you to color all over yourself.
Y: But now I can't play basketball!
Me: What does playing basketball have to do with drawing all over yourself?
And then I conjured up images of watching basketball on TV and all the tattoos that some of the players have and was able to answer my own question. Then came the long explanation that you don't have to have drawings all over your body to play basketball. Apparently that discussion was not a successful one because while I was away at the gym she managed to do it all over again with Daddy.
It's been a week or so and it hasn't happened again so maybe B was able to explain it to her a bit better than I was. Here's to hoping anyway!
No comments:
Post a Comment