Tuesday, June 8, 2010

One Step Closer

Most of you likely already know this (because many of you are also my Facebook friends) but today we got the news that our offer was accepted on a condo. We absolutely love the place, even moreso than the first one we made an offer on. The only major plus for the previous condo was the third bedroom but in this condo the bedrooms are so I can deal with it, also this condo is larger and more open than the other place. I've been telling B for a couple weeks now (ever since we first saw pictures of it) that I had a feeling this one was THE one and after viewing it a week ago the feeling only became stronger. We thought we had run into a hiccup shortly after deciding to make an offer but at this point things are looking great. We have to wait for an FHA approval of the condo complex so unless they say no to the complex then we are scheduled to close on July 20th.

It has been quite amazing to me how well this has gone along and how well I even handled the news of the possible hiccup. I guess I should explain that we have looked at and considered making offers on several condos since the last one fell threw. Each time there was something that didn't go in our favor and we weren't able to get it and each time after talking to our agent I would hang up the phone angry, frustrated and in tears because I wanted it so badly. But when our agent called this time and told me that it was potentially a no-go I was surprisingly calm about the whole thing, it completely amazed me because I dare say I loved this place far more than any other we have ever considered. And this peace and calm feeling never wavered, I never once cried, got sad or frustrated. The next morning we got a call from our agent telling us that the condo complex had already begun taking the steps to get the complex FHA approved, that the owner of the condo sits on the board of the homeowners association in the complex so he was working hard to get everything done and could get us access to information that we otherwise would have to pay for, our agent informed us that he would pay for any cost associated with getting the complex approved (which could be anywhere from $150-$1500 and we would have been responsible for paying). Everything just started coming together and finally for the first time in this entire process I feel 100% certain that we are on the right path.

I'll keep you guys abreast of everything that goes on with it and hope it will be nothing but good news. I also cannot begin to express how grateful I am that we choose to deal with a mortgage broker instead of going out to shop for a loan on our own. He has literally been a lifesaver with both offers that we have made and handling the FHA process for us instead of us walking blindly through the whole process. The best part of it is that we don't have to pay him a dime for doing it all. Our agent has also been amazing, so if you live in the Metro-Detroit area and you're ever in search of a real estate agent or wanna talk to a mortgage broker just let me know and I'll be happy to pass along their info!

Here are some links for you guys to view if you wanna know more about the place:

No comments: