Sunday, December 13, 2009

We're Getting Closer...

Today while waiting to leave church, I was standing in the foyer talking with a friend and Y was playing around on the floor. Well she was wearing her Christmas dress and judging from the odd movements she had been making all day (crawling sideways instead of forward) I had pretty much figured out that the dress is hard for her to crawl in. Because of this it was no surprise to me when she started "walking" around with her hands and feet on the floor and butt stuck up in the air - she's been doing this for a while now, usually for short periods of time each time she does it. Well I always get a kick out her doing that so I was watching her and out of nowhere she slowly removes her hands from the floor and stands up. She only lasted a matter of seconds before she fell to her butt, but as you can probably imagine, I was clapping my hands and just beaming with excitement. She has never made an effort to stand before so it's a pretty big deal! After she toppled down she it didn't take her long to give it another go and again, she lasted for a few seconds before she fell on her bottom again. She tried it for several times before moving on to something else and each time I think I grew more and more proud. I was just sad that B wasn't there to see it, she did do it again at home though so he got to see it that time. We're getting close to having a walking baby on our hands!!!! Hopefully by Christmas...that would be the best present she could give me! I honestly can't wait to see her walking, and even running, around!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Aww!! She'll be bookin' it on two feet in no time! :)

Sarah said...

I think you'll change your mind once she's there! :)
Just kiddding, I know how exciting those first steps are.
Isabelle was also much more cautious than our others.