My Blog List

Blog Archive

Saturday, June 6, 2009

This is NOT What I Meant!

So, in this post I stated that I wanted another car...well I didn't mean that I wanted our current car to get wrecked in the process! Yesterday while coming home from work, B was in an accident, thankfully he is fine. I can replace a car but I cannot replace him - and he is far more valuable to me than any thing I could own. Long story short he was in the center lane to turn left at a light, there was bumper-to-bumper traffic and apparently 2 cars left a gap in order for her to cross those lanes and turn into the center lane to wait for traffic to clear so that she could travel in the opposite direction. Well apparently she didn't think that there might already be a car in the center lane waiting for the light to change. And here is the end result:

So it's a 50/50 chance that it's totaled...we're very sad, we love that car! Not to mentioned we were almost done paying for it. So yeah, not exactly the way I wanted a new car!

8 comments:

Diana Fox said...

a Dios gracias está bien, estaran en mis oraciones, saludos Diana.

David and Jana said...

Poor little Focus! So glad B is OK! When will you find out if it's totaled? What is your next car going to be??

Anonymous said...

ouch! Glad B is okay, that looked like a nasty one!

B&U+2 said...

Hopefully we'll find out tomorrow (Monday) if it is totaled or not. As for our next car, we had planned for it to be a Ford Edge but seeing as we'd be purchasing it a year and a half (or more) before we had planned on it we may settle for a Ford Fusion instead. We like the new Focuses but we want a car that will accommodate more kids since we plan on having the car for a while.

Sarah said...

So sorry you guys! Glad you are okay!

Skeeutopia said...

OUCH! Bummer. But at least all the important components are ok (i.e. Brandon). I hope that you guys are ok for the interim. BTW, what are you guys doing now? I suppose a rental?

Mindy said...

Don't let Brandon behind the wheel again. If he drives anything like Jonathan, I'd be worried with the next car...LOL...I'm glad to hear that he's fine and it was just the car that got the bad end of it. I'm sure you'll have your car in no time.

Anonymous said...

Bummer! Happy B was ok!